- All-purpose flour, 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, 3 teaspoons
- Baking powder, 3 tablespoons
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- A cup of milk
- 2 huge eggs
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 3/4 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- First pre-heat a waffle iron
- In a sizable mixing basin, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt to make waffles. Once the mixture is smooth, add the milk, eggs, and butter.
- To make hard sauce, combine milk, confectioner’s sugar, vanilla essence, and softened butter. Sauce needs to be reasonably stiff. Place aside.
- Waffle maker should be heated before using nonstick cooking spray. On a heated waffle iron, pour the waffle mix. Cook to a golden brown color.
- Serve warm with Hard Sauce.