- 5 substantial portobello mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- A half-cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of parmigiano-reggiano cheese, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons of freshly cut parsley leaves, minced finely
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- freshly ground black pepper and salt
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
The oil should be pre-heated to 350 degrees F.
Trim the margins of the mushrooms and remove the gills and stems from the bottom. Make strips of 1/4 inch wide.
In a pie plate, add the flour. Combine panko, Parmigiano, parsley, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a different pie dish or bowl.
Put the mushrooms through a flour, egg wash, and panko dredging process.
The breaded mushroom slices should be added to the hot oil in batches and fried for 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on a sheet tray covered with paper towels.
Serve hot and enjoy!