- ½teaspoon baking powder
- 1cup butter, softened
- 1 ½cups white sugar
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ¾cups all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- In a small basin, mix the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a big bowl, combine butter and sugar and blend until smooth. Blend in Egg and vanilla. Blend in the dry ingredients gradually. Place dough balls made from rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in a preheated oven, or until brown. Before removing from cookie sheet let stand for 2 minutes.
- Arrange on a plate and serve!