– Grilled or cooked chicken breast, sliced or diced
– Flatbreads or large tortillas (common options include pita bread, naan, or flour tortillas)
– Vegetables (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, bell peppers, etc.)
– Condiments and sauces (mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, tzatziki, ranch dressing, hot sauce, etc.)
– Cheese (optional)
– Seasonings and spices (salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, etc.)
1. If you’re starting with raw chicken breast, season it with your preferred spices and cook it until it’s fully cooked and has a nice grilled or seared appearance. You can grill, pan-fry, or bake the chicken. Once done, slice or dice it into bite-sized pieces.
2. Warm the flatbread or tortilla in a dry skillet or microwave for a few seconds to make it more pliable and easier to fold.
3. Lay the flatbread or tortilla flat on a clean surface. Spread your choice of condiments and sauces over the surface. Common choices include mayonnaise, mustard, or tzatziki sauce.
4. Place the cooked and sliced or diced chicken pieces evenly over the sauce-covered flatbread or tortilla.
5. Layer your preferred vegetables and cheese (if using) over the chicken. Common choices include lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, and bell peppers.
6. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the toppings for added flavor. Carefully fold one side of the flatbread or tortilla over the fillings. If desired, you can fold in the sides to prevent the fillings from falling out, and then roll it up tightly from the bottom to create a wrap.
7. Place the chicken foldover on a plate or wrap it in parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy handling. You can serve it immediately or cut it in half diagonally for a neater presentation.