- 110 g of Golden Caster Sugar
- 110g of softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 110g of self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300g of icing sugar
- 150 g of butter
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- Line a 12-cupcake pan with cases and preheat the oven to 180°C/160°F.
- Beat 110g of softened butter and 110g of golden caster sugar with an electric mixer until they are light and fluffy. Add 2 large eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the bowl’s edges.
- To make the cupcake liners, combine the 12 tsp vanilla extract, 110g self-raising flour, and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Bake the cakes for 15 minutes, or until they are golden brown and spring back when tested in the center with a skewer. Leave on a wire rack to totally cool.
- To prepare the buttercream, combine 300g of icing sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence, and a pinch of salt with 150g of super-softened butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add 3 tablespoons milk after whisking until smooth (start out gently to prevent an icing sugar cloud).
- Add the food coloring at this time if you wish to color. Pipe onto the cooled cupcakes.