- 2 lbs. (1 kg) boneless and skinless Crysbro chicken thigh and leg meat
- 1 cucumber, cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion, quartered
- oil, for basting
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water for 2 hours
Chicken Satay Marinade
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 6 small shallots or pearl onions, peeled
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white parts only
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tablespoon salt or more to taste
- Cut the Chicken into small cubes and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the Marinade ingredients all at once. If necessary, add a little water.
- Stir the chicken and marinade together to thoroughly combine. In the refrigerator, marinate the chicken for six hours, preferably overnight. Put three to four pieces of the chicken meat onto the bamboo skewers when you’re ready.
- The chicken satay skewers should be grilled for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until the meat is thoroughly cooked and the top is beautifully browned. While grilling, baste and brush the food with some oil. Serve the fresh cucumber chunks and onions.
- Serve with Ketchup or Peanut sauce!