- 1 Large egg
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 18 ounces of puff pastry sheets thawed
- 2/3 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips or small chocolate chunks
01) Heat the oven to 360 degrees F (177 degrees C) and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
02) Beat the egg and water in a small bowl and set aside.
03) Flour the work surface and unfold the pastry sheet and lightly dust with flour.
04) Spread the sheet using a rolling pin and cut the entire pastry square into 4 rectangles and cut each rectangle diagonally to form triangles.
05) Place about 2 teaspoons of chocolate chips or chunks in the middle of each triangle and roll them.
06) Place each croissant seam-side down, in a way where the tip of the triangle is tucked in under the croissant, and bend the edges to shape.
07) Lightly brush the croissants with the egg wash.
08) Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and serve.