- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup cucumber, sliced
- ⅓ cup carrot, shredded
- ⅓ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3oz sliced baked or grilled chicken, tofu, salmon or 1 hard-boiled egg
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tbsp basil leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup baked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Put all your mixed greens and spinach in a large bowl.
- Add in the cucumbers, carrots, bell pepper and tomatoes.
- Put in the protein of your choice.
- Top with the tasty toppings, which are your pumpkin seeds, basil leaves and chickpeas.
- In a separate bowl, place all dressing ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Toss all salad ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Dress and plate your salad.*
*If this is your dinner, you can add a multigrain roll on the side for a more filling dinner.
Tip: When you are making your salad, it is important that you keep the ingredients as fresh as possible. A lot of veggies, a good protein source and little dressing help keep your salad healthy but filling.